Recent Posts

Victim said a black woman threw acid on her face, but then she confessed the truth

No comments
Lizzie Dunn from Staten Island told police earlier this week she was attacked with acid when walking alone to a bus stop. The attacker was a panhandler, Dunn reported, a black woman in her 40s, who sprayed acid on her face when Dunn didn’t have cigarettes or spare change to give her.
“I didn’t know the person,” Dunn, 52, told the Daily News. “She then asked for money, and I told her no and sorry.”
That’s when the supposed woman got mad and grabbed Dunn by the shoulder, spun her around, sprayed her in the face, and fled, Dunn told police.
After the alleged attack, Dunn frantically ran into a nearby deli and told the owner to call 911.
“We thought it was a prank at first,” Andrew Kenwood, who was working at the deli, told NBC. “She came in here, she was banging on the door, banging on the door. She was almost fainting and falling. … When I tell you it was absolutely horrible — it looks like her face is melting off.”
Medics rushed Dunn to Staten Island University Hospital, where she was treated for third-degree burns to her face, neck, and left hand.
“It seemed like she was spraying a lot of times, like she had to keep pressing the nozzle,” Dunn told CBS. “With my right hand I tried to grab the can and knock it out of her hand, and with the left hand I was trying to shield whatever spray she was misting on me.”
After a police investigation, her story turned out to be a lie. The wounds were self-inflicted, and she confessed to police her story was fabricated.
“The alleged acid assault in the Woodrow area yesterday has been found to have not occurred,” the NYPD’s 123rd Precinct tweeted on Tuesday. “The injuries were self-inflicted and there is no perpetrator. There is no threat to the public.”

Investigators believe Dunn used a spray bottle to burn herself with some kind of homemade acid. She had scars from previous self-inflicted injuries on her body, cops said. No motive or reason for the incident has been explained, and police have not determined if she’ll face charges of filing a false police report.

Police say mother killed her 2 kids and then herself by jumping off a bridge

No comments
A family is searching for answers as police work to learn what caused a mother of two to kill her kids and herself.

It happened Saturday night at a home in Charlotte, North Carolina. Officers responded to the home shortly before six to find two kids suffering from life-threatening injuries.

"We're very saddened for the family and for the friends, and we're also concerned for the officers who had to interact and deal with that tonight," said Major Mike Smathers of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department told WBTV.

A boy who was just seven years old and his baby sister who had just turned three in December were found injured inside the home by police. Officers would not go into much detail but stated the two children later died at the hospital. Police say it was their own mom, who officers have not yet publicly identified, who caused the injuries before jumping off a bridge onto I-485.

Police don't know what led the mom of two to this heartbreaking ending. According to neighbors, nothing indicated that the family was troubled.

The police investigation is ongoing.

Trump not racist 'in the traditional sense,' says MLK's nephew at White House

No comments
After appearing alongside President Trump at a White House event honoring Martin Luther King Jr. on Friday, the nephew of the late civil rights icon said he does not believe the commander in chief — who reportedly made disparaging remarks about Africans the day before — is a racist “in the traditional sense.”
“I personally don’t think that President Trump is a racist in traditional sense,” Isaac Newton Farris Jr. told CNN. “I think that President Trump is racially uninformed or racially ignorant.”
Farris Jr., who serves as president and CEO of the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change, said he met privately in the Oval Office with Trump and Dr. Ben Carson, U.S. secretary of Housing and Urban Development and the sole African-American member of Trump’s Cabinet. According to Farris Jr., Trump assured them that “I am not the person that the media is making me out to be.”

 
The comments come amid international outage over a Washington Post report that Trump referred to people from Haiti, El Salvador and African nations as coming from “shithole countries” country during an Oval Office meeting with lawmakers about U.S. immigration policy on Thursday.
“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to the newspaper, which cited “several people briefed on the meeting.”
According to the Post, Trump then suggested that the U.S. “should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway.” 
Trump disputed the Post’s account, tweeting that he “never said anything derogatory about Haitians.” The president also insisted that while he used “tough” language during the meeting, he did not make the “shithole” remark as reported.
Among the senators who attended the meeting, two of them, Republicans Tom Cotton of Arkansas and David Perdue of Georgia, said they “don’t recall” Trump’s reported remarks “specifically.” Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., supported the gist of the Post’s story.
In a statement, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that “the president’s expressed desire to see more immigrants from countries like Norway must be called out for what it is: an effort to set this country back generations by promoting a homogeneous, white society.”
Before signing the proclamation, Trump praised the slain civil rights leader for “standing up for the self-evident truth Americans hold so dear, that no matter what the color of our skin or the place of our birth, we are all created equal.”
As he left the room, Trump ignored a number of shouted questions from reporters. Among them: “Mr. President, are you a racist?”

A Message From The Dog You Abandoned. This Is Heartbreaking

No comments

Amazing Women That You've Probably Never Heard Of (18 Pics)

No comments

















13-Year-Old Boy Saves Mother`s Life After Father Attacks Her with Sword

No comments
 Police cruisers filled the parking lot at Teal Run Apartments early Friday morning after they received a phone call from a 13-year-old boy that his mother was being stabbed by his father.
“She was a sweet lady and the family’s a sweet family,” said friend and neighbor Paula Sharp. “Just can’t believe this is happening.”
Sharp like others at the housing complex were shocked by the news. Battle Creek police said at 2:43 a.m. the father forced his way into the woman's home on Skyview Lane with a 3-ft sword in his hand. He began attacking the 35-year-old mother in her bedroom while their children were nearby.
“The 13-year-old jumped on the man and was able to get them separated to where the mom started to be able to get away,” said Det. Sgt. Todd Elliott during an interview at the station. “However, then the man went after her again.”
Det. Sgt. Elliott said the boy quickly dialed 9-1-1 and reported what was happening. That's when the father took off.
“This was a pretty gruesome attack that she sustained,” said Det. Sgt. Elliott. “The boy was able to give us the name and vehicle description of his dad, the suspect, and said he was headed towards the Kalamazoo area.”
Immediately police alerted authorities in Kalamazoo, he said, about the suspect who was not married to the mother. The father was spotted on Kings Highway and by 3:19 a.m. he was arrested on charges of assault with intent to murder and home invasion.
At midday Saturday, police identified the suspect as Anthony Maurice Whitlock, 35. He was charged with assault with intent to murder, home invasion and being a habitual offender.
Whitlock is expected to be arraigned in court sometime next week.
“Our concern is for the kids,” said Det. Sgt. Elliott. “That was a pretty horrific thing to be present for.”
The police department has been in contact with child protective services to offer the children counseling if needed, he said. As for the mother, she suffered severe lacerations to her arms and legs. She’s currently in critical condition at a hospital in Kalamazoo.
“We give a lot of credit to the 13-year-old,” said Det. Sgt. Elliott. “That was a very brave thing that he did, not just being able to call 9-1-1 but to try and intervene and stop this guy from attacking his mom.”

How Does Trump Make Voters Feel? Almost 50 Percent Used This One Word

No comments
The majority of Americans are embarrassed or angry about a president they believe is increasing the likelihood of war between the U.S. and North Korea, a new poll suggests.
The survey from CBS News Polls asked voters their feelings on the president and how he has affected the country during his first year in office, with more than half of Americans surveyed sharing that they fear the president’s attitude on North Korea makes the regime likely to think about attacking the U.S.
And almost half of those surveyed (44 percent) used the word “embarrassed” to describe how they felt about Trump being president, while 35 percent used the word angry, and 38 percent pessimistic. In contrast, 18 percent said they were proud, 32 percent used the word optimistic, and a further 16 percent used the word happy.  
President Donald Trump makes remarks in the Oval Office. Ron Sachs-Pool/Getty Images
On the topic of North Korea, 32 percent of voters believe Trump’s actions make the isolated regime afraid to attack America, while 68 percent believe it makes North Korea more likely to attack the U.S. first.
The survey of 2164 adults, taken between January 10-12, with follow up questions asked on January 12-13, comes almost a full year into Trump’s presidency and as tensions between the U.S. and North Korea are increasingly fraught. 
Both Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un have used fiery rhetoric in the ongoing war of words over North Korea’s nuclear ambitions and recent missile tests, prompting concern over a nuclear fallout.
In addition, the CBS Nation Tracker 2018, conducted by YouGov, showed that the majority of Americans support the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA), in sharp contrast to President Trump’s attempt to scrap the rule.
The Obama-era legislation is backed by 70 percent of people, who believe that the hundreds of thousands of recipients of DACA should be allowed to remain in the country.

FBI brands Apple 'jerks' for making iPhones too difficult to crack

No comments

One US Federal Bureau of Investigation official who has become so frustrated with Apple's iPhone security, he has described its products as the work of an "evil genius".
The technology giant, which has sold billions of products, has made it increasingly difficult to break into iPhones, claiming it keeps customers safer from hackers. But government officials say these measures are getting in the way of justice by blocking potential evidence from suspected criminals.
"At what point is it just trying to one-up things and at what point is it to thwart law enforcement?" said FBI forensic expert Stephen Flatley during the International Conference on Cyber Security in Manhattan this week. 
Describing Apple as "jerks", according a report in Motherboard, Mr Flatley revealed that Apple recently made its iPhones even harder to access.  It has recently added a trick that makes password cracking software much slower, making it more difficult for law enforcement to break into phones, he said. 
Specialists have access to software that tries out every possible set of characters, inputting thousands in a short period of time. But Apple has now limited the attempts it can make at a password per minute, making it difficult for police to open a phone in the already limited time they have to find evidence.  
Apple's track record on assisting the FBI is mixed. Last year it claimed to "immediately" offer help with accessing the phone of Devin Kelley, a shooter who massacred 26 in a Texas church.  It has previously claimed to work with law enforcement on a daily basis and offers training to agents. 
Tim Cook, Apple's chief executive, said the iPhone giant has been sharing metadata with British security services to help with their investigations. 
But encryption is still a tough nut to crack. Mark Stokes, head of digital and electronics forensics at the Metropolitan Police told the Telegraph that it would be a "killer" as it is used more widely in messaging and popular apps.