1) …Spoke directly to the nation PRIOR to the storm, preemptively declaring a federal state of Emergency in Louisiana at the request of the Governor freeing up assets and money in preparation of the storm.
2) …Coordinated directly with the National Hurricane Center, FEMA, Department of Homeland Security and affected Governors to best prepare for impact and recovery.
3) …Cut his “vacation” short and returned to White House — while still keeping a long standing commitment to thank those who fought for our country on the anniversary of V-J Day in San Diego.
7) …Took responsibility for the response – good and bad, committed to rebuild Louisiana – and did. Passed and signed legislation committing over $52 billion dollars to revitalize the Gulf Coast. Mrs. Laura Bush personally raised millions of dollars to restock and restore the area’s devastated libraries.
Obama, on the other hand…
1) …Played 8 rounds of golf since arriving in Martha’s Vineyard on August 6th.
2) According to the Associated Press: “President Barack Obama did something unusual during his summer vacation on Martha’s Vineyard: He went out on the town four nights in a row.”
3) …Hit the beach – “The presidential motorcade departed at 1:18 PM and arrived shortly after at a private beach off Pohogonot Road in Edgartown.”
19 Aug 2016
- Blogger Comments
- Facebook Comments